New Black Bike Week Laws
No Black Bike Beach Week 2010 is not canceled.
Yes the Myrtle Beach government has enacted rules to discourage Black Bike Beach Week, and Harley Bike Week, but they cannot legally stop Black Bike Week.
Here is a brief version of the City of Myrtle Beachs' new ordinances Repeat: These Laws don’t really affect anything for non Bikers.
· No loud mufflers. No straight pipes. No revving of engines or excessive noise.
· Everyone on a motorcycle must wear a safety helmet and protective eyewear (glasses, goggles, face shield, etc.) at all times while the cycle is moving.
· No more than two motorcycles allowed in a public parking space.
· Curfew is in effect from 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. for juveniles under age 18, with certain exceptions. Violators are detained and parents are called.
· No alcohol sales allowed after 2:00 a.m., unless the bar applies for and receives exemption.
· No alcohol consumption or open container possession allowed in parking lots and garages of any business.
· It is a crime not to pay the restaurant or not to leave your name and address if you dispute the bill, service or food.
· No loitering allowed in posted parking lots of any business. No loitering allowed after hours in parking lots once the business is closed. Store parking is for customers, not parties.
· No use of parking lots or landscaped areas of any business next to road or street for chairs, coolers, parties, drinking or food service.
· Security standards are required for gas stations, convenience stores and stores with drive through service. No gathering or loitering is allowed in parking areas without contemporaneous commercial activity. Parking lots are for customers, not parties.
· Parties responsible for permitted or unpermitted special events that require an extraordinary public response may be held financially responsible for the cost of that response.
· No parking or storage of trailers and oversize vehicles is allowed on the street; parking for these vehicles is allowed only in approved parking or storage lots.
· Photo identification required for hotel check-in; minors (under 18) cannot check in without parent, legal guardian or chaperone present. All guests in a room must be identified. Parking hang tags required for all guest vehicles.
For up to date information about the future of Black Bike Week JOIN our Mailing list.
To find a Hotel out of the legal range of these new laws go HERE